25 Nov Diversity Trends
As diversity gains traction, it’s being framed in fresh ways. Selena Rezvani, a diversity consultant and author of Pushback: How Smart Women Ask–and Stand Up–for What They Want, recently identified these five trends driving diversity efforts.
1. CEOs are speaking out about the importance of diversity, as Intel’s Brian Krzanich did at this year’s International Consumer Electronics Show when announcing the company’s $300 million Diversity in Technology initiative.
2. Diversity is increasingly seen as essential to innovation, as shown by such titles as the Corporation for Public Broadcasting’s senior vice president for diversity and innovation.
3. Companies are making diversity of thought a priority.
4. In an ever more multicultural world, promoting diversity is no longer just seen as “the right thing to do.” More and more executives are viewing it as crucial to the bottom line.
5. Innovative companies are harnessing technology—such as GapJumper’s blind-interviewing and testing software—to combat unconscious bias in hiring and other obstacles to diversity.